HERE ARE SOME FAQ'S
- Is fitting by your selves or are we able to fit ourselves (by mechanic friend)? FITTING CAN BE DONE BY A COMPETANT MECHANIC,THE MANUAL ONE IS FITTED IN APROX 1HR AND THE HYDRAULIC TAKES ABOUT 3 HOURS
- Once fitted, does the bracket stay on permanently and the plough put on as required ?YES THE BRACKET STAYS ON AND THE PLOUGH IS EASILY REMOVED BY PULLING OUT 3 QUICK RELEASE PINS
- Is the bracket and plough road legal? I AM NOT SURE OF THE LEGAL ASPECT, NONE OF THE CUSTOMERS HAVE REPORTED ANY PROBLEMS
- Can the vehicle be driven with the plough up ie not ploughing? YES THAT SHOULLDNT BE A PROBLEM
- When not in use, what are the storage requirements, ie would it fit in our boiler house through a standard door (lots of space inside to store upright) IT CAN BE LIFTED BY 2 PEOPLE AND IT SHOULD FIT THROUGH A STANDARD DOOR, IT IS 2 METRES LONG.
- What is the warranty? YES IT WILL BE COVERED BY NORMAL 12 MONTHS WARRANTY AGAINST MANUFACTURING DEFECTS BUT ISNT COVERED FOR DAMAGE CAUSED BY MISUSE
- Do you recommend any modifications to a land rover defender 90 ie springs, to acomodate the weight? WE HAVENT CHANGED ANY SPRINGS AND HAVENT HEARD OF ANY CUSTOMERS CHANGING ANY.
- Does the plough angle side to side? YES BY MOVING 1 QUICK RELEASE PIN.
- I realise these ploughs are only advised for 'light snow' but would it for example be capable of clearing a car park of newly fallen foot thick snow? YES I AM SURE IT CAN AND YOU CAN SEE ONE PLOUGHING DEEP SNOW IN SCOTLAND ON YOU TUBE, SEARCH "LANDROVER PLOUGHING SNOW " BY camvr1. ( he has posted a couple of videos)
Sorry for the long list of questions but its a big purchase as you can understand - do you have the instruction/ installation manual we could have a look at before purchasing? SORRY WE DONT HAVE A MANUAL , THE PLOUGH IS SIMPLY ATTACHED TO 4 EXISTING BUMPER BOLTS AND 2 LASHING EYE BOLTS.
FOR THE ELECTRIC /HYDRAULIC VERSION THE ELECTRIC PUMP IS MOUNTED TO THE CHASSIS BY A BRACKET SUPPLIED JUST BELOW THE BATTERY BOX (DRILL 2 HOLES FOR THE MOUNTOING BOLTS), THEN DRILL A SUITABLE HOLE FOR THE ELECTRIC CABLES TO GO INTO THE BATTERY BOX , THE SWITCH IS ON A WANDER LEAD WHICH GOES UP INTO THE CAB AND RESTS ON THE SEAT. LAY THE HYDRAULIC HOSE ON THE TOP OF THE CHASSIS AND SECURE WITH CABLE TIES AND THATS IT !
Where are you based and would we be able to come and have a look at one in the flesh. YES YOU CAN COME AND SEE ONE BUT THE ONLY TIME THERE IS ONE HERE TO SEE IS JUST BEFORE IT IS BEING COLECTED OR DESPATCHED TO THE CUSTOMER SO YOU WOULD HAVE TO ARRANGE A SUITABLE TIME.
If it’s easier for you to answer these questions over the phone please feel free to give me a ring.
WE ARE NEAR ILKLEY , 15 MILES WEST OF LEEDS. IF YOU COME HERE TO COLECT THE PLOUGH THEN IT CAN BE CARRIED IN THE BACK OF A SHORTWHEELBASE LANDROVER WITH THE PASSENGER SEAT TIPPED FORWARD AND RESTING UP OVER THE MIDDLE AND PASSENGER SEATS.
WE CAN ALSO DESPATCH THE PLOUGH ON A PALLET DELIVERY SERVICE.
THE PLOUGHS FIT TO ALL DEFENDER AND SERIES LAND ROVER’S .
WE CURRENTLY HAVE ONE VAILABLE AND THIS WILL BE THE LAST.
We can arrange pallet delivery or we can fit in our workshop .